Welcome to The Bumblebee Pages. The menu above and on the left will take you to the major sections of the web site. If you are not sure which page you should be looking at try Google's search box at the top right of this, and every page.
The site is divided into five major areas:
- Bumblebees which deals solely with bumblebees, and was the original part of the site.
- Invertebrates, which deals with all the other invertebrates.
- Homework answers, where you'll find hints and tips to common questions set as biology, ecology, botany, zoology homework, there are also definitions of common terms in biology.
- Window box gardens, this was started when we were exiled to central Paris, and 2 north-facing window boxes were all the garden available, however it was amazing the wildlife those window boxes attracted. You'll find plant lists, hints and tips, etc.
- Torphins, this is the village in north-east Scotland where we are now located. In this part of the site you can find photographs of invertebrates found locally, where to see them and when, also links to pages with more detailed information.
above the sting of a Bombus lapdarius queen, and below a Bombus terrestris/lucorum worker foraging.